From the cup to the stove, or how coffee can heat your house!
In this week's post we want to celebrate having exceeded 60% of our 1st goal in 2 weeks! Thank you to all who made this possible!!
Did you know that every cup of coffee we drink at the bar on the corner can end up heating 1m3 of your house?
How do we do it?
- We collect the spent coffee grounds from the bar on the corner and take it to our production centre
- We put it to dry; one of the keys to the efficiency of the pellet is the low humidity, therefore we must dry the raw material until reaching a humidity of around 10%.
- We sift it until we eliminate possible impurities, such as papers, plastics, etc. and only 100% coffee remains.
- We press it at high pressure and temperature, to reach high quality. Now we are not talking about coffee grounds anymore, but about coffee PELLET!
- Once the pellets have been manufactured, it is important to eliminate debris or pieces with defects that can later damage our boiler or produce a large amount of smoke and ash with low efficiency.
- Now we only have to pack the pellets so that you can take them home and use them in your stove or biomass boiler!
Tomorrow when you go to drink coffee at the bar on the corner, think about how many positive things you are activating: the improvement of the environment, the generation of clean energy and the creation of social and employment opportunities for vulnerable groups.
Up! Act with Energy.
Inicia sesión para dejar un comentario